Tuesday, June 30, 2009

please read this if adoption means something to you

http://anotherespressoplease.blogspot.com/ please visit this mom's site and let your voices be heard about adoption, this will make a difference in all adopted children's rights!

Monday, June 22, 2009

blogging and waiting

i can't seem to blog these days, can you tell? we are still waiting, we've received new photo's of Mahlet, even a video from a traveling family, we are so thankful to have these, they ease the pain, however we feel we are missing more of her life now than ever, we are hoping to hear some news today, i'm not sure what they'll say, but our senator's office called the u.s embassy in ethiopia last week to inquire about the x-rays, they told us we would have a reply today, our 8 week sputum culture will be done august 6, so we wait, did i say i hate to wait? this waiting mother says it well http://anotherespressoplease.blogspot.com/ by the way, we have 2 paso fino horses, FREE to good home, they are the white ones

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Romans 8:26-27

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will"

Friday, June 19, 2009

Monday, June 15, 2009

new news

as it stands things are confusing, we are now involving our senator to help bring home our girl, we are again asking for prayer, however now we hope that the cdc will recognize her x-rays as pneumonia, as the radiologist has suggested in ethiopia, and bring her home before 8 weeks, again your prayers are covetted!!!!!!!

prayer please

we are asking for prayer for our daughter Mahlet, that she would have a negative sputum culture, this takes around 8weeks to grow, and for our family, to continue to have faith through all of this, thank you

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Psalm 57

"I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until disaster has passed, I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness" Psalm 57:1-3

Friday, June 12, 2009

blogging out

well AGCI can't confirm anything so Mahlet has been put in the collect bacteria pile and wait 8 weeks the gov. does not care to look at any other x-rays so that's it, and if it's positive 6 or so months of treatment, the end blogging out

Thursday, June 11, 2009

please pray with us

Mahlet has had 2 new x-rays yesterday, they could possibly be reading them tonight as we sleep, we need a miracle that her lungs are clear, this is our only hope or it will be a long time before we bring her home, if we even get a chance, we were supposed to leave today at 2pm, sadness has consumed our home, thank you for you prayers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

very bad news

we were just called by our agency, we will not be leaving to pick up our daughter, for some reason they gave her a x-ray today and said it looked "suspicious", this means a couple months to wait for the culture to grow then 6 months more of treatment in Ethiopia if she has TB, her skin test was negative, so we are devastated, we are packed don't know what to do but cry and cry......

last one before i leave,it's the best one, pause other music at bottom of page

Sunday, June 7, 2009


it's finally here, we are packing, i'd say i'm overwhelmed, leaving 4 teenagers behind, 3 that drive, with my mother, well that just is something i can't think about, even though i have, and i have tried to write down everything they can and can't do! trying to focus on the prize, our little sweetie, probably won't write again until we return, we are still praying for all you bloggy adoption friends, at all your different stages, there is an end to the madness, it's been about a year for us and we are so thankful to almost hold the gift! thank you for all your support and prayers, blessings, tara and dan