Friday, August 21, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...

well are bags are packed and the day is almost here, a day i've dreamed about for many years, we leave tomorrow for Africa! i just love even typing that word, i am certain of one thing, that God is in control, i haven't liked all His choices but i do know He has a plan and we are in His perfect timing, and that Mahlet was chosen by Him to be in our family and we are so thankful, and soon i will be a momma again! so yes we are finally leaving on a jet be continued

Monday, August 17, 2009

SHE'S TB FREE!!!!!!!!

After waiting 10 weeks for a TB culture she's coming home!!!!! She's TB free and we can't wait to get our hands on her! We leave Saturday, it doesn't seem real, I just thought I would wait forever..... thank you faithful friends who have encouraged me and cheered me on, God is faithful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the JOY!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TB? will we ever know?

so it's been 9 weeks of waiting and our agency has informed us that maybe next week we will know, sure why not let's keep waiting, clearly we are their first case with this problem , i don't know what to say except i guess i will cry some more, and then later cry again, will this ever end?

Saturday, August 8, 2009

we are in colorado!!!

yay, we made it to breckenridge, colorado, it's beautiful! my mom's at home with 2 campers home sick, they are feeling better,and fever free, it was a quick flu, at least my youngest son stayed at camp,we went on a 6 mile hike yesterday, at about 12,000 feet, we were really feeling old, our bodies were talking to us bigtime! thanks again for all your prayers and support, we still have not heard a thing about Mahlet, it's been 8 weeks, and it will be 9 thursday august 13th, what i understand is that is the final time they have to report to us, so i guess we will wait until the last minute, we have tickets to leave aug 22, yes we are hopeful, we will post hopefully good news next week, thanks again my bloggy friends

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

swine flu?

well we were off to colorado tomorrow morning to relax a minute while our older son watched everything, when we got a call from kanakuk, our daughter has the flu, i assume the swine flu, so tomorrow instead of flying to denver we will be driving to branson, mo, we have 2 other teenagers there, hope fully the will not get sick, i was sooooooooo looking forward towards the mountains, darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no news on Mahlet.....boooooooooooooooooo!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

senior boys and football

well my second son is a senior in high school, i can't believe it!!! he has been working out all summer for football and got his official team shirt the other day, oh to have a senior boy, they think they are the kings of the world!!! it's only august 2nd, it feels like summer....yet it seems to be ending way too soon, i want to hold on to these lazy days, yet in 2 weeks school begins, schedules become crazy, my oldest leaves again for college, the good news? well hopefully we WILL get good news on Mahlet, thanks again for all the prayers for our family, esp Mahlet